Creating a Brighter Future in the Post-Redevelopment Era
Event on 2013-03-19 10:00:00
Workshop for City Leaders: City Managers, City Attorneys, Community Development Directors and Economic Development Directors
Providing leadership for creating positive community benefit out of your required property management plans.
AB 1484 Offers an Opportunity! At this interactive, engaging workshop, we will discuss:
- Making the best of AB 1484 – by creating community benefit
- Legal update – current interpretations and court cases
- How to create long range property management plans in an orderly way – and the value of developing your plan in advance of receiving a finding of completion
- Lessons learned from the City of Orange in the post-redevelopment era
- Financial options for creating the long range property management plan
- Ways to engage with the successor agency, oversight committee, Department of Finance and your community to gain support for your plan
Refreshments and lunch will be provided during the workshop.
Many cities feel rushed to make decisions that satisfy the requirements of AB 1484. This workshop is designed to help you create property management plans that are right for your city, and produce results your city council and community will appreciate and support.
at Orange Library
407 E. Chapman Ave
Orange, United States